Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Reinstalling ACT 2010 contact info from flash drive to program

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Reinstalling ACT 2010 contact info from flash drive to program

I recently had to wipe my hard drive and reinstall everything. I thought I saved my ACT contacts and such on a flash drive. They seem to be there, the file names on the flash drive are Main List and Personal Files, but in a Zip file which I have been unable to open. They are both 17,068 KB. I've tried to import them but get stuck on the second step because I can't open the files. Also tried to export, but no success there either. It's out of warranty, so Sage isn't helping mcuh. I'm using Windows 7 Pro. Plenty of RAM and HD space. I'm not the Geek squad, but I can follow directions. I want to transfer the files from the flash drive to the program on the hard drive on the computer. Any guidance would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Jeff

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author jeffkolman
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Reinstalling ACT 2010 contact info from flash drive to program

I had to do it several times but finally got it to work.  laugh It may even have been by accident, I'm not sure how long it would take to duplicate that process, but I got my contacts back.     Thank you so much Roy, I really appreciate your help.

Jeff Kolman

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

If you did a backup in ACT! on the old system then do a restore as on the new system.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Hello Roy         It keeps asking for a username and password. That's the second step that I have trouble with. It starts to extract them, but then stops because it can't verify the user. If I ever even established those, I don't remember them. Any ideas??

Platinum Elite Contributor

The user name is likely some variation of your name and just leave the password blank.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Solution
Accepted by topic author jeffkolman
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

I had to do it several times but finally got it to work.  laugh It may even have been by accident, I'm not sure how long it would take to duplicate that process, but I got my contacts back.     Thank you so much Roy, I really appreciate your help.

Jeff Kolman