Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Reinstalling ACT 2008 after computer crash

Reinstalling ACT 2008 after computer crash

I have a copy of ACT 2008 which is less than 1 month old.  Yesterday when I logged into ACT it said there was an update available so I started the update which then froze my computer.  There was nothing else running except ACT and Norton antivirus was off.  I had to restart the computer and since then ACT is unusable.  I have tried to uninstall it so that I can reinstall the whole program again, I have tried to run a registry fix but to no avail.  Now if I put in the installation disk it starts and then says I am trying to install an older version of the software and closed down.  Does anyone know how to fix the problem so that I can reinstall the software? I tried calling the ACT support desk but they couldn't find my order and so "couldn't help" and as I live in Spain holding on the telephone for more than an hour was starting to cost a bit too much for no help.  Any ideas much appreciated. Thanks Anthony Latham

Re: Reinstalling ACT 2008 after computer crash

Anthony,

Run the ACT! Uninstaller located in the knowledge base article below.  This will remove the program for you and allow you to reinstall the software.

How to Use the ACT! Uninstaller.exe file

OK I did what you as you suggested. It allowed me to reinstall the program but then I get this message:

Could not load file or assembly 'Act.Framework, Version=10.0.237.0, Culture=Neutral, PublicKeyToken=ebf6b2ff4d0a088a' or one of its dependentcies. The system cannot find the specified archive.

The application then just shuts down.

Any more suggestions. Thanks Anthony

[ Edited ]

Anthony,

Apply the hotfix located in the following knowledge base article or try to update to 10.0.3 again.  If you want to update to 10.0.3, download it from the download center instead of the automatic update popup.

How to Apply the Hot Fix for ACT! by Sage 2008 (Build 10.0.0.237)

How to Download and Apply the ACT! by Sage 2008 (10.0.3) Service Pack

Message Edited by dlunceford on 08-20-2008 09:11 AM
Copper Contributor

Hello,

I have a client who has ACT! Premium 9.01with hotfix and is getting this error "Could not load file or assembly 'Act.Framework, Version=10.0.1.., Culture=Neutral, PublicKeyToken=ebf6b2ff4d0a088a' or one of its dependencies".

How is this possible when he has 9.0?? Should I uninstall and reinstall ACT? What is the best way to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance.

WD

Copper Contributor

I figured it out. It was a problem with third party plugin.

Unfortunately neither of the two suggestions i.e the ACT! Uninstaller or the hotfix worked on my PC. The only way we got the PC to work again was to completely reformat it and start from the beginning. Hope you have better luck than I did