Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Reinstall Sage ACT! Pro 2013

Re: How do I reload act 2013 without disc?

[ Edited ]
They've stopped answering because it's a discontinued product. You are able to download, but even if you do, there is no was to activate it because the service team that did no longer exists. Better to just find a new software.

Also, you see that the link was sent to other people yet you failed to see the the link to their online downloads page is posted only a few posts above yours. Must not have been looking very hard.

Re: How do I reload act 2013 without disc?

Ah, hey thanks much!

Ya, I missed that... 

Have a great day

Re: Reinstall Sage ACT! Pro 2013

Apologies for bringing this post back to life but I am having exactly the same issue with the same version.

The company I work for bought this perpetual license many moons ago, and it has worked flawlessly on our virtual machine for our remote user to access for all this time. We had to contact Act! regarding getting the license activation issue sorted as we did have some local installs for office staff, and this was quickly resolved.

Now I have the problem that I have upgraded our server and moved the virtual machine, but it has knocked out the activation, and as the 'trial' is well past its due date, simply closes with no options if I don't register on the spot.

I have a serial number etc, and need to get this issue sorted out quickly, can you help Gary?

Kindest regards

Craig

Silver Super Contributor

Hi Craig and I am sorry to be the barer of bad news.

The licencing system that ACT used in version 13 became obsolete a couple of years ago as the 3rd part company that ran this withdrew support and since then if ACT needs reinstalling or is moved there is now no way to activate it again.  Swiftpage did bring out a new licencing system and a patch for V18.2 and above but anything before that cannot be re-authorised.

Feel free to email me a private post for more details but you may have to upgrade to a new version to get going again.

Chip

darn. Not good news at all. I have been able to repair the old virtual machine which hosted Act Premium 2013 and again it is running perfectly fine. With that in mind, there is absolutely no requirement to upgrade and start with subscription packages on software we simply do not need. In fact i’d even go as far as to extract the tables out of SQL and build my own CRM using the data we put in before spending any money on an upgrade.

We have a perpetual license and as such this should be working as expected with an activation code.

Every time i’ve attempted to move the virtual to the new server the activation dies.