Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Reinstall Error Act Pro v16 - SQL on compressed files - Appreciate tips

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Reinstall Error Act Pro v16 - SQL on compressed files - Appreciate tips

[ Edited ]

Act! v16 Pro on Win 10 Dell Machine.  I was having Object Error messages and also unable to find *.* database errors in startup of running Act!.  Act! is installed on a stand alone Desktop, not a network.  To correct the errors, I decided to uninstall and reinstall on the same machine in the same file directory.  I have 2 HD partitioned as 3 separate drives. More than enough space. 

Install Error message problem as the error said SQL Server Express would not install in a compressed file. I decided to uncompressed my files overnight.

Came back to reinstall after decompression completed and I still get the same error message.  I have also deleted my Prefetch file. 

If anyone has thoughts on to get around the error (could it is a file) , I would welcome hearing from you. 

Rob  

Update: I have now gone into individual directories, files and folders in both Act! and SQL Server to ensure that the files are not compressed. It still won't install. I have rebooted the Dell desktop after each change and no success in loading.  What is interesting, I hope this might help someone the error message slightly changes depending if I try to install the program on the C drive (Act! will not install in a compressed file) or D drive (SQL Server will not install in a compressed file).  I would appreciate any thoughts or direction.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author headhunter2020
‎01-22-2017 09:48 AM
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Reinstall Error Act Pro v16 - SQL on compressed files - Appreciate tips

[ Edited ]

Odd message! The reason it is slightly different between C and D is that SQL will still install components in C drive (System Drive) even if D is selected.

Only thought is that you could try copying your installation files to a DVD and installing from there to see if that would work.

View solution in original post

All Replies

In Win 10 , You can compress and decompress a specific file. If there is a file that I should be sure is decompressed for SQL Express to properly install, please let me know. Again , thank you for your suggestions. 

Solution
Accepted by topic author headhunter2020
‎01-22-2017 09:48 AM
Bronze Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Odd message! The reason it is slightly different between C and D is that SQL will still install components in C drive (System Drive) even if D is selected.

Only thought is that you could try copying your installation files to a DVD and installing from there to see if that would work.

Moving file over and running on DVD/ CD allowed the program to be installed.!

Thank you !  Thank you to the Act! Users Community as well