Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Registration issues after Hot Fix

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Registration issues after Hot Fix

I am running - or trying to - Sage Act Pro 2013 Version 15.1.108.0 Hot Fix 4 on Windows 7 with a remote database and 5 users.. Ever since I applied the Hot Fix 4 to enable Google Integration again, I have had a problem with registration being required over and over again. Initially, after applying the Hot Fix and not being able to register by internet, I attempted to register by phone, but since the install code was blank, I was unable to do that as well. I followed the KB item provided, but that did not work. Eventually, I was connected to tech support and after they took over my computer and the issue was resolved. For a few weeks.

Over the last 3 days, every time I open the product I am required to register - a pain to be sure, but at least I could "do it:" over the internet. Today I once again cannot connect via the internet, and the install code is blank.

I do not subscribe to a support plan. The last time I was assisted I was not charged - as I do not think I should be as this issue is from the Hot Fix. I have 1 other user who has had this issue as well, but after observing the tech on my machine I was able to avert the issue on theirs. However, if I cannot get this rectified once and for all on my machine we will be looking for a new CRM immediately.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author zendralee
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Contributor

Re: Registration issues after Hot Fix

[ Edited ]

It's a known problem that after applying HF 4 that you need to re-register ACT! (I think it's due to HF 3 which is included) But when registering if you have a windows vista or above machine you must register by running the application via the "Run as Administrator"  by right mouse clicking on the ACT! icon on your desktop and then selecting the "Run as Administrator" . I had the same problem with a customer where I had applied the patch re-registered and then after a re-boot of the machine it requested to be registered again.

The steps I did was to delete the RegistrationData.xml from C:\ProgramData\ACT\ActData or C:\ProgramData\Protexis and then open ACT! via the  "Run as Administrator" then register it. You may need to contact swiftpage to up the tolerance if you have activated ACT! a few times.

the problem hasn't occurred after doing the above.

This is a KB for the problem http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/36575

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author zendralee
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's a known problem that after applying HF 4 that you need to re-register ACT! (I think it's due to HF 3 which is included) But when registering if you have a windows vista or above machine you must register by running the application via the "Run as Administrator"  by right mouse clicking on the ACT! icon on your desktop and then selecting the "Run as Administrator" . I had the same problem with a customer where I had applied the patch re-registered and then after a re-boot of the machine it requested to be registered again.

The steps I did was to delete the RegistrationData.xml from C:\ProgramData\ACT\ActData or C:\ProgramData\Protexis and then open ACT! via the  "Run as Administrator" then register it. You may need to contact swiftpage to up the tolerance if you have activated ACT! a few times.

the problem hasn't occurred after doing the above.

This is a KB for the problem http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/36575

Bronze Super Contributor

Hi Chris,

I don't suppose you realised that there is a message on that KB:

WARNING!
Confidential - This information is for Internal Use by Sage Employees or Authorized Sage Certified Consultants ONLY.
Disclosure of this document is prohibited by the Terms and Conditions of your Certified Consultant Agreement. Any unauthorized duplication or distribution of the content of this document is prohibited.

Not sure why but thought I'd mention it!

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 
Nickel Contributor

Why is on a puplic website then??, You do not have to have any logon credentials to search for that article.... 

THANK YOU! It has worked so far... I had done everything from every KB article, and this is working so far...

Copper Contributor

I have the same problem now after applying HF4, but unable to register after following your steps any other suggestions?
Sage Act Pro 2013 Version 15.1.108.0 Hot Fix 4 on Windows 8
Nickel Contributor

fader5 wrote:
I have the same problem now after applying HF4, but unable to register after following your steps any other suggestions?
Sage Act Pro 2013 Version 15.1.108.0 Hot Fix 4 on Windows 8

There may be a problem with your registration itself. I'd suggest chatting with one of our Customer Service reps on Monday. You can reach them here: http://act.com/register

Damien Park
Swiftpage
Copper Super Contributor

Could somebody at Swiftpage please add this infor mation to AKB# 37814. IT is crucially important and it works.

Ron Madara, ACC, APT

BrainSell Technologies.
(201) 853-9317