Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Registration Errors

Tuned Listener

Registration Errors

[ Edited ]
Hello.
One of my first times posting here, but I have read a few replies and found that there is a lot of help to be found here. I am hoping you can help me with one problem I am having.
I have finally managed to set up a "master" database and a remote database through our network at work. Ultimately I want to have 4 users working from the master database. I have successfully gotten one user working and synching off the master DB, but when I have attempted to log in with the other users I get registration errors. My User management area says I only have 2 copies of a license. Each time I installed the disk I used a unique registration key. I called the help desk yesterday and they said they were having server issues, but I am getting the same problems today.
Maybe it is just me and I am suffering from a "user" error, but I was just wondering if anyone has run into this problem before. I consider myself to be somewhat computer savvy, but setting up ACT! through our work networking system has been a real test of my patience... I can see the end but now I am running into more issues.
Message Edited by ACTingOut on 06-18-2008 08:15 AM
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Registration Errors

How many total licenses do you actually have? And, are they contained within one single serial number or each have a separate serial number?

It sounds like they are separate and therefor need to be added to the server for you to have the correct license count. Remember, you need 1 license for each unique name in the database.

Take a look at this kb: Understanding ACT! Serial Numbers When Sharing Your Database

Tuned Listener

Yes, they are individual serial numbers. When I installed each ACT! disk onto the different computers I used a different serial number for each.
Is there somewhere else I need to be inputting this info?
Thank you for your reply... I tried to click that link but it is not working for me at the moment.
Nickel Super Contributor

When you install each individual copy of ACT and register with the unique serial number, you will then need to log into the main database with an established user. Ie: the Admin. What this will do is cause ACT to recognize the new serial number and increase your license count in the main database.

I'm not sure what's going on with the link I posted, so I'm attaching it to this post. 

Tuned Listener

Yes we did that, it let me finally log onto the 3rd user, but the main data base (admin) computer still says "Active-Pending Log on"
I dont know what's going on there. I have managed to run into more issues since so I honestly don't know what I am doing wrong.
Thanks again for your help.