Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recurring "ACT.outlook.service has stopped working" Error

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Recurring "ACT.outlook.service has stopped working" Error

Has there been any progress with a fix for the "32-bit Act.Outlook.Service has stopped working" issue??

Administrator

For most users, ensuring that you are on the deferred update channel (therefore should be v16.0.8201.XXXX) of Office this issue is resolved.

We do know of some people who continue to have problems on this build - in which case there are a few other steps and workarounds we can look at trying.

I do know that the patch that's due early next year (v20.1) is aiming to have a more complete resolution for the issue

I'm currently still living with the issue, happens on a daily basis, i just restart the service and carry on with my day. 

From the sounds of things the next update will resolve this (hopefully). 

Copper Super Contributor

I am optimistic for the fix coming - soon.

@JonTaylor you mention a coming patch for V20.1 in the coming year, do you know if there will be a similar update for V19.2 ? 

Administrator

There will almost certainly be further updates and patches for v19.2.

I don't have any specific details on what will be fixed - some bug fixes will absolutely be ported back to v19, however, some bug fixes may only be possible on v20 and as such will not be backported.

Unfortunately I don't have specific details to share on this, but keep an eye out for releases and patch notes!

My version of Outlook is 16.0.8730.xxxx and I understand my problems go away if I revert back to 16.0.4229.xxxx. I have downloaded and run the file act1820update6 and it has not changed my version of Outlook. Is there something else I should be doing.

Incidentally I have managed to turn on the less regular Microsoft office updates. Well I think I have!

Highlighted
Administrator

Hi Gordon,

For information on the recommended Office updates/versions check the below KB:

KB 38802 - Recommended Microsoft Office update channel settings when using Act! with Office 2016 or ...