Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recurring items being deleted.

Recurring items being deleted.

Hi,

I am currently running Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.1.111.0, Hot Fix 6, on a Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 OS with 10GB memory. I use the sync feature to Outlook 2010.

Here is the issue I having:

I set up a recurring (weekly) meeting. Whether I set it up for a specific end date or a no end date does not matter. For example, I have a standing 7:45am Thursday breakfast meeting.I set up the meeting, click weekly, no ending date.

I may go a couple weeks before clearing a meeting (I clear it through the tasks screen), future meetings (recurrences) get deleted. However, I do not see this happen until I reboot the machine and restart ACT!  I have not gone and tried to set up a test case and reboot my machine multiple times to see what/how this would happen, however it is pretty consistent. I have two workarounds, neither of which I like:

1) Never clear a recurring event in a series.

2) Re-entering a recurring series when it 'disappears.'

Any ideas?

Thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Recurring items being deleted.

Hello blahetka,
Are you creating the meetings in Outlook or ACT!? Do you have alarms for these meetings setup? If so, do you see all current and past occurrences in the alarm window?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Greig,

Thank you for your reply. Here are the answers to your questions:

Are you creating the meetings in Outlook or ACT!? - All meetings are set up in ACT!. When I clear the individual meetings, I do so in ACT!. I do not clear the series, just individual meetings.

Do you have alarms for these meetings setup? No. I do not use alarms.

If so, do you see all current and past occurrences in the alarm window? N/A

Again, Thank you for your reply. Hopefully my answers are helpful.

Yors,

Russ

Platinum Elite Contributor

With a recurring task, the next occurrence is not created until the current one is cleared. You stated:

"I may go a couple weeks before clearing a meeting (I clear it through the tasks screen), future meetings (recurrences) get deleted."

When you are clearing these occurrences, are you saying that the next occurrence is not being created, or is the entire recurring activity being deleted?

Have you run maintenance on your database (Tools > Database Maintenance > Check and Repair)?

Also, is this a local database on your machine, or are you accessing a shared database?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Hi Grieg,

I am setting up meetings. When I do so, I initially see the meetings on the calendar. When the problem I am reporting occurs, future meetings are removed from the calendar. For example, I have a standing Thursday breakfast meeting. I will put a meeting on my calendar, recurring every week. As each week goes by, I clear the meeting. All the future meetings remain on the claendar. However, after a couple weeks, when I clear the most recent meeting, all the future meetings will be removed from the calendar as well as all past meetings.

With a recurring task, the next occurrence is not created until the current one is cleared. You stated:

"I may go a couple weeks before clearing a meeting (I clear it through the tasks screen), future meetings (recurrences) get deleted."

When you are clearing these occurrences, are you saying that the next occurrence is not being created, or is the entire recurring activity being deleted?

When I go to the task view to clear multiple activities, I will clear several activities at once. For example, if I haven't cleared activities for two weeks, I will get the first week's recurring activity, clear it, then the second one will appear. However, when the problem occurs, I will see one recurrence but the next one may or may not show up. Also, the problem occurs whether i use the task list view or if I use the standard calendar view and delete meetings one by one. Interestingly, the meetings do not disappear until either after I restart ACT! or I reboot. I am not sure which, as I have not tried to see which it is (this would be very time consuming to reboot each time especially with the time it takes for SQL to load up).

Have you run maintenance on your database (Tools > Database Maintenance > Check and Repair)?

I have standing ACT! Scheduler tasks to check and repair each day and then back up the database.

Also, is this a local database on your machine, or are you accessing a shared database?

This is a very simple local database installation.

Thank you again for your help.

Russ