Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recurring Activitiy after edit has its time changed, then a strange msgbox when editing again

Copper Super Contributor

Recurring Activitiy after edit has its time changed, then a strange msgbox when editing again

open the demo in act 2010

goto the schedule calendar and goto 24th May 2011

i see an appointment at 7am "+Betty Browser [CH TechONE] - AsiaPac Sales Meeting Conference Call"

i double click to edit it, goto the details tab and delete all the text for the note, then OK

i select the Edit This Occurrence, then OK 

the start time for this appointment then changes to 10pm, even thou the only info changed by me was the notes

i am guessing that the appointments were created in sql using GMT or something, but after editing were converted to my local time GMT +10 ??

I dont like the thought of upgrading from ACT6 with years of work in it, only to find appointments in the future being placed in the wrong time 

Strange msgbox 

now double clicking the recurring appointment which now is an exception to the rest of them displays 

"The maximum end date for a recurring activity starting on 24/05/2011 is 1/6/2073"

why?? 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Recurring Activitiy after edit has its time changed, then a strange msgbox when editing again

Hello ozie,

I was able to duplicate the issue you described somewhat in ACT! 2010. When I changed a single occurence for an activity in the demo, it increased the start time by 1 hour. However, when I created a new recurring activity for tomorrow, edited a single occurence, and it did not change the time. It may have to do with Daylight Savings Time, if the original occurence was created when DST was in effect and the occurrence you are editing occurs when it is not. Does Australia even observe DST or some variation? I will report this for investigation.

As for the recurrence message, I was able to duplicate that as well. This appears to be a hard limit on recurring activities...that they will not go beyond 6/1/2073. I am not sure if this a limitation of ACT!, SQL or Windows, and whether or not it is intentional.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Recurring Activitiy after edit has its time changed, then a strange msgbox when editing again

Hi gholllster

yes australia does in some states have day light saving times.. how ever not all states do this

For me changing the a single occurence changed the start time by more than one hour.. i think it changed it by 10.. coincidence my computer time zone is set to +10GMT but might not have been 10 hours difference in the start time

As for the msgbox i would rather not have to see this type of msg every time i edit an occurrence.. there should be away of turning this off so it does not bother me with silly things... 2073.. i should be either dead or retired by then anyways so that would be someone elses problem to deal with if 2073 is not far enough into the futureSmiley Happy