Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recreate Main Database from Remote Database?

Recreate Main Database from Remote Database?

Hi all

Does anyone know of a method to recreate an ACT2007 main databse from a remote database - our main database has an error,seemingly from its creation, and thus any backups have the same error - all methods of repairing it have failed - ACTdiag, upgrading it to ACT 2009 (this is what highlighted the error).  It still functions fine in 2007, but wont allow any export or repair functions.

If i can recreate a database (ADF) from the remote database i will keep all of the additional notes and other data, and then can resetup the main server pc with 2009.  

Thanks!

Re: Recreate Main Database from Remote Database?

Ok, i have looked further and can create a new database and export all the data from the remote database into the new one, athough it has hung whern trying to complete this?

If i move this to the main PC, will this open and function as a main databse, and i can then upgrade it and then re-setup the RDB's from fresh

Simple backup the remote database and restore as on the server.  This will make it a publisher database with all data and customize.  You will have to create new remote databases.

It was only when i started doing it realised it exprted as a database file, i was under the impression it exported as a backupf file, so i jumped the gun a bit

Thanks

all working fine now