Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recovery_Pending and DB cannot open due to Inaccessible files or insufficient memory

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Recovery_Pending and DB cannot open due to Inaccessible files or insufficient memory

I just spent several days trying to troubleshoot this mess.  We're running ACT! by Sage Premium 2010 Version 12.0.409.0, Hotfix 2 on a network.  The client computer suddenly couldn't access the database.  Server computer could.  After a day or so, the server computer was also unable to access the db.  Received error message "database cannot be opened due to inaccessible files or insufficient memory or disk space."

Used the ACT Diagnostics utility (actdiag.exe).  My database was listed as "recovery_pending."  There was very little information here on the forum or on the web to help me. 

I found online the “ACT! Diagnostics User’s Guide.”  It had information re how to configure server memory.  In the Diagnostics utility, you select “Server” and then “Server Settings.”  Open the “Server Memory” tab.  There are two slides:  one for Minimum, and one for Maximum.  Each slide has a range from 0 to 3993 MB.  The “Minimum” slide has a range from 0 to 3993 MB and was set to zero.  The “Maximum” slide has a range from 4 to 3993 MB was set to 3993 (the maximum).  I brought the slide for “Minimum” up to 1949 (just a random number).  Then I was able to open the database. The explanation in the Server Memory tab is:SQL Server can be configured to dynamically adjust the amount of memory based on demand.  Use Minimum(MB) to guarantee a minimum amount of memory to SQL Server.  Use Maximum(MB) to prevent SQL Server from using more than the specified amount of memory, thus leaving remaining memory available to run other applications.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Recovery_Pending and DB cannot open due to Inaccessible files or insufficient memory

I had the same problem.  I tried your solution and it worked!

Thanks

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Recovery_Pending and DB cannot open due to Inaccessible files or insufficient memory

I had the same problem.  I tried your solution and it worked!

Thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

I would like to thank you both for sharing this issue and it's solution with the ACT! Community. I will look at submitting this as a solution in our Knowledgebase.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Elite Contributor

I have the same recurring problem with one of our customers. Strange enough this situation was mostly when there was a power down, and the ups had not time enough to end the works on the server.

I try this solution.

Daniel Dendooven

Act! Certfied Consultant

ACS bvba - Belgium

Daniel Dendooven
Retired Act! Certified Consultant