Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recording to History for Multiple Contacts....

Recording to History for Multiple Contacts....

[ Edited ]

When doing a letter mail merge to multiple contacts and automatically recording to history, ACT automatically will record a entry in the history of each contact.  However my reports and my TopLine Dashboard show only one letter being sent, even though I know 160 letters were sent.

Is there a way to have the reporting & dashboard report on each individual contacts letter being sent and still allow me to record the history in bulk?

I don't want to have to go into each contact to manually record a history.

[Edit: removed email address]

Message Edited by ghollister on 04-07-2010 01:03 PM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Recording to History for Multiple Contacts....

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. What you are describing sounds similar to a reported issue with ACT! 2010 where the history was recording only for one contact after a mail merge. This issue was resolved in the latest update to ACT! 2010 (SP 1 Hotfix 1). Please see the following Knowledgebase article for information and installation instructions:

How to Download and Apply ACT! by Sage 2010 SP1

Please note, that if you are using a shared database or a remote database in a multi-user environment, it is required that all machines using ACT! 2010 will need to apply this update, starting with the server hosting the main database.

Message Edited by ghollister on 04-12-2010 01:04 PM

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.