Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recording email history

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Recording email history

@newatatc wrote:

On 4 PCs here - I have 4 different issuses ----

One PC setup in 4 minutes - works beautifully - the other three are nothing but inconsitant issues --

I will explain in a new thread (which will be a request for help)

Thanks All

In your other thread, make sure you include the version of ACT! and Outlook and what the issues are.

Copper Contributor

Mike wrote:

-----------------------

If Outlook 2002/3, make sure you're not using Word as the editor in Outlook

-----------------------

With ACT! 11.0, that is not supposed to be a problem any more.

Copper Contributor

I hate to say it, but I am not 100% sure I fully understand the situation, so I'll try to summarize, then ask some questions:

You have ACT! setup with Outlook integration.

When you use the Mail Merge feature, histories are created.

When you click on an email link and send it, histories are not created.

Here is what I'm not quite understanding:

1. Are you getting histories for emails if you simply send them from Outlook?  (If you do not have ACT! open, and you create and send an email from Outlook, do you get a history for that item?)
  2. When you click on the email link and the email opens, can you see the Add-in Tab and the ACT! add-in buttons and dropdowns (for Outlook 2007) or the ACT! toolbar (for Outlook 2003 and earlier)?
  3. When you click on the email link and the email opens, what are the settings for recording histories on the ACT! tool bar (Outlook 2003 and earlier) or in the ACT! Add-in (Outlook 2007 and later)?

If you do not ever get histories from Outlook, this is a more general problem with Outlook configuration, and we should focus on that (thought the KB links from Mike earlier looked as though they probably should fix the problem.)

If the history record options are not present on the screen, this sounds like the Add-in isn't working properly.

If the history record options are present but not set properly, try setting them manually to the proper values to see if it will then work.  If that does, then we need to see if we can figure out why the items are not defaulting properly.

Thanks for any clarification you can provide.

@RealNobody wrote:

@mike wrote:

-----------------------

If Outlook 2002/3, make sure you're not using Word as the editor in Outlook

-----------------------

With ACT! 11.0, that is not supposed to be a problem any more.

I have heard that, but haven't actually had if confirmed... as I use O2007, I haven't tested this myself.

Is there a way to record outlook e-mails in the body of ACT! email instead as an attachment file?

You mean to ACT!'s History?

Sure, just go through tool | preferences ... email setup.

Yes, in the ACT! history.  I use ACT! 2010.  i've tried to set up in ACT! in Tool, then e-mail set up. It did not work.

Awhile ago, sent email was saved in the ACT history in the body.  Now, it is saved as a file attachment in ACT.  I did not make any changes between then and now.

Is there a different way?  I use Outlook 2003 bty.