Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recording email history

Recording email history

Not sure what I'm doing wrong.  If I initiate an email by clicking on the contact's email address, then create an email and send it.  There is no record of the activity under the history tab.  If I choose the create email icon from the tool bar, a history is not created.  If however I create a mail merge via email - a history is created.  HELP!
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Recording email history

What version of ACT! (the full build from Help | About)?

What version of Outlook?

ACT! by Sage 2009 (11.0) Version 11.0.0.367

Have you added the ACT! address book to Outlook and set the default for History in ACT! - Tool | Preferences | Email?

If Outlook 2002/3, make sure you're not using Word as the editor in Outlook

Yes, Mike those are my settings

Also - you know you want see the History immediately... wait a minte or two and View | Refresh

I am having a similar problem - cannot get Act to record email histories consistently.  I'm using Act 2009 (11.0) Version 11.0.0.367 and email is setup to internet email (unfortunately our work computers don't have Outlook, instead we run Windows Mail on Vista which Act does not integrate with Smiley Sad).

I have been composing my messages by clicking on the contacts email address.  This opens up a 'New Message - Act! Email' window.  To the right of the contact's name there is a Create history drop down with 4 options - (1) None, (2) Email Subject Only, (3) Email Subject and Messa, (4) Email Subject, Message - the descriptions on the last two options are cut off & if I highlight them they do not expand so I'm not sure what the difference between lines #3 & #4 are suppose to be.

At any rate, the first email I sent I selected option #3, sent my email, checked Act & the history was there for the customer.  The next time I sent an email I decided to chose option #4 instead to see if I could figure out the differences in the history, but this time no history was created.  Next email I decided to choose option #3 again, sent an email but no history.  I've since sent a number of email, selected Option 3 on the history dropdown & occassionaly a history is recorded, but majority of the time the history is not there.  I've closed & reopened Act and tried to View--> refresh but the email history still does not show up.

Any thoughts?

The difference should be one puts the body in the ACT! history... with the other, the email is attached as a file.

Ok great.... now I know the difference between the two options.  But, in either case histories are not getting generated regardless of the option I choose.  How can I fix this problem?

Well I've decided we have a problem houston.  History is recorded when the mail merge feature is used but when using Act 2009 v11 in conjunction with Outlook 2007 sending individual emails from the contact business card page - does NOT create a history of your email activity.