Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recording a history in the contact history tab for a closed opportunity (ACT 2013)

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Recording a history in the contact history tab for a closed opportunity (ACT 2013)

I have just migrated from ACT 2009 to 2013.  I just noticed as I closed an opportunity, that no record is being created in the contact record's history file (in the contact layout).  Is there a way to get an opportunity record cut in the history tab?  I did not see anything in the preferences or opportunity tab.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mark_CPA
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Recording a history in the contact history tab for a closed opportunity (ACT 2013)

Not the history tab, each individual history that you want linked to the contact record.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

View solution in original post

All Replies

Re: Recording a history in the contact history tab for a closed opportunity (ACT 2013)

This was a change with ACT! 2010 when Oppertunity was promoted from a sub-entity to an entity. The automatic history record is now created in the history for  the oppertunity. You can still have the oppertunity history show in the contact record but you need to edit the history and specifically connect it to the contact record.

This change was done to make the oppertunity entity behave the same as the group and company entities.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks.  How would one "connect" the history tab of the opportunities section to the history tab of the contacts section?

Solution
Accepted by topic author Mark_CPA
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Not the history tab, each individual history that you want linked to the contact record.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Okay.  I created an activity series and placed it on the toolbar to expedite creating a history record in the contact layout.  I will need to post a recommendation for having a history record cut in the contact layout when a oppportunity is closed.  Seems like such an event would be worthy of having an option to have a history record cut.