Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recording History for Call Attempts

Copper Super Contributor

Recording History for Call Attempts

I have scheduled a call with a Contact and have filled in the Regarding field with something specific (eg. "Call Bill about collecting his check").  If I call the Contact and leave a message, is there a way to record a Call Attempt in History that shows "Call Bill about collecting his check"?  I know I can go to the History tab, click on the Record History button and re-type the words "Call Bill about collecting his check" in the Regarding field but since I already have this info in the scheduled call, I'm wondering if there is a way to record the Call Attempt and reschedule the call without having to re-type information into the Regarding fields.  I used to accomplish this using a macro in ACT 6 but that is no longer an option.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.   Thanks.
Copper Contributor

Re: Recording History for Call Attempts

If you comlete the original activity and change the Results to Call Left Message and click the Follow up button int he lower portion of the dialog you can schedule another call and the regarding will be copied over.  It is not elegant but will work.

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Recording History for Call Attempts

It's not elegant but you are right.  It accomplishes what I want without having to re-type data.  Great tip, Tryan!  Thanks for posting.