Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recorded emails in History Tab behaving oddly

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Recorded emails in History Tab behaving oddly

[ Edited ]

Normally when I click on a recorded email in the History Tab, the email opens in Outlook under sent items and I can then click on "Forward" to send that email to a new recipient.  Recently, when I click on a recorded email in the History Tab, it opens as a newly composed email in Outlook with my only option being to "Send" that email.  Clicking on "Send" will send the email to the original recipient so they end up getting two identical emails from me.  I use the History Tab as a means to follow up with clients.  I click on the last email and forward that email chain to the same contact but I compose a new email before I send it to them.  Now I can no longer do that.  I must now got to the History Tab, make a note of the date and time I sent the last email, then go to Outlook, look up that exact same sent email, and then forward it to the contact.  Any ideas on how to fix this bizzare problem?

(I'm running Act! Pro Version 20.1.120.0, Update 3)

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author BDWaters
2 weeks ago
Employee

Re: Recorded emails in History Tab behaving oddly

When you open the email from Act! the email is missing the Fwd button?

2018-05-09_1357.png

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author BDWaters
2 weeks ago
Employee

When you open the email from Act! the email is missing the Fwd button?

2018-05-09_1357.png

Employee

[ Edited ]

Hi BDWaters 

That was a defect in the program that was resolved in update 5 (Act! pro 20.1 update 5)

You can download update 5 here 

http://cdn.updates.swiftpage.act.com/updates/20.1/act2010update5.exe

Unfortunately it wont retrospectively apply to the items already in the history list but will work for new items added after the update is applied 

That did the trick!  Thank you very much for the solution.  I feel a bit silly that I did not check for updates.