Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Record History Explained - ACT Premium 2012

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Record History Explained - ACT Premium 2012

A couple of questions: 

1. When I send an email (Outlook)  to a contact in ACT it is recorded in History.  In the Regarding & Details column it has the subject (i.e., "Subject:  ACT Issues"). 
  2. When I manually attach the document, not only is the subject displayed (i.e., "Subject: Act Issues") but so is the text message.  Is there any way to change this?  I don't need the text displayed. 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jillian Trish
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Record History Explained - ACT Premium 2012

Ensure both of the screens described earlier are set to record 'subject, message, and attachments'. 

Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies

The options that controls this behavior are contained within the ACT! email setup settings. 

Found at: Tools > Preferences > E-mail & Outlook Sync tab > E-mail System Setup > screens 5 and 6.

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Greg,

I want the message text & any attachments recorded, but I don't want is to have the entire message text displayed in the column Regarding & Details.  This only happens when you do a manual attach of an email; it does not occur when it records an email you've sent to an ACT contact.  (email sent it displays "Subject: ACT Issues".  email attached it displays:  "Subject ACT Issues.  Yes, I've tried the following #1...#2...#3....Let's talk tomorrow..." etc., etc.)

Solution
Accepted by topic author Jillian Trish
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Ensure both of the screens described earlier are set to record 'subject, message, and attachments'. 

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Greg,

Thank you!  I didn't realize (obviously) that the Preferences affected the info displayed.  (Oh, its the little things that make people happy!)   Thanks again!