Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended Reporting Add-Ons?

Highlighted

Recommended Reporting Add-Ons?

I've had very little experience using ACT's built-in reporting tool, but -- although I know some people adore it -- I find it extremely cumbersome and difficult to customize to produce the kinds of reports I need (with calculations, etc.)  I am not a coder, so although the drag-and-drop interface of designing the report is nice, I can't seem to figure out how to get it to do any kind of calculating (how many open activities does X have for this period, which came from zip code 19000, for example).

My only real reporting experience has been with Salesforce.com, which I absolutely adored.  It was easy to understand and customize, and the reports generated just the information I wanted (and if they didn't, exactly, I could export them to Excel for further tweaking).  It relied on a lot of dropdown boxes, checboxes, radio buttons, etc., but it was super easy to use.

Please, please tell me that there is an ACT! addon (we have ACT! 2012) which can do what Salesforce's resident reporting does?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Recommended Reporting Add-Ons?

The ACT! reports should be able to do most of what you want. There is a third party book with comprehensive training information on the ACT! reports, here is the link.

https://www.packtpub.com/sage-act-2011-dashboard-and-report-cookbook/book

Full disclusure I wrote the reports chapters of the book.

The closest to what you described in an addon is the Durkin Reports.

http://www.durkincomputing.com/ACT-Addons-Report_Designer.aspx

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I think that's even STILL too complicated for what I want to do.

It would probably be helpful if you'd ever seen Salesforce's reporting tools (assuming you haven't), only because they really look nothing like ACT's at all.    ACT's reporting reminds me of MS Access's, and after spending an hour playing around with Access, I still couldn't figure out how to do what I wanted -- it was never clear where it was drawing information from, whereas in Salesforce it was very much like a webform, just click what you want, make adjustments, and run the report.

Platinum Elite Contributor

I suspect that what Saleforce uses isn't reporting in the true sence but something more like a dashboard. Have you checked ACT! dashboard? For a more comprehensive addon try Topline Dash.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129