Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Receive Error Message When Modifying Opportunities List

Receive Error Message When Modifying Opportunities List

This is my first post to the forum. I'm happy to report that I've been using Act for about 2 years now and love the program. With the exception of the speed, which I have heard has been improved on the new version, I think the software is great. I've recently experienced a problem modifying my opportunities list. When I try to change the standard Act Sales Cycle or create my own, I get this message. "Cannot access a disposed object named "textbox." Object name: "Textbox" Would somebody be kind enough to tell me how to fix this bug, so I can continue on my merry way? I appreciate your time. J.R.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Receive Error Message When Modifying Opportunities List

Can you see if you get the error in the demo database?

You might try (backup first) running the repair functions from ACTDIAG as per this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/yw8ajp

Thanks for the help Mike. Here are the results. 1) I tried to modify the same list in the demo database and received the same error message. 2) I attempted to use the act8diag program, per the instructions in the 2nd section of the knowledge base document you sent me and I received the following message "Could Not Connect the SQL Server Instance." 3) I ran the "run SQLdiag" but I have no idea what the document means. I also ran Check SQL Permissions and no permissions were listed. I do not know if this is a good or bad thing. I bought Act from Dell back in 2006, so I know this is a valid copy. Can you recommend any alternatives to solve this problem? Thanks.

If it also happened in the dmo, it's not a database corruption... something has become corrupt in the program.

You might need to uninstall and reinstall ACT!

Ok, how do I ensure I don't lose all my information? I had to reinstall Act on this computer about a year ago and when it did it the old database and new database, via the import feature of the copy screwed up everything, so I had start from scratch. Is it a simple matter of backing up the database and personal files, uninstalling Act and then installing Act again. Last time I did this the results weren't pleasing.

Act 2006, version 8.0.2.82

This is a procedure I wrote to get the most clean install possible:
Backup the Database and Personal files first
Uninstall any version of ACT! from Windows Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs
Use the Uninstaller.exe from the ACT! KB 19338 (the exe, not the manual uninstall)
Uninstall .Net Framework (all versions) - this does NOT apply to Vista users as .Net 2.0 is part of the OS and can't be uninstalled
Uninstall any MS SQL items from the Control Panel if istill there
Uninstall MSXML Services from Control Panel if it's still there
Perform a Selective restart with MSCONFIG as per ACT! KB 14499
Install .Net 1.1 Framework from MS Windows Update
Install ACT! 8.0
Install ACT! 8.02 patch if the previous install was the previous build
Restore from Selective Startup Mode with MSCONFIG
Reboot

It shouldn't have touched the database, but if it did, you can restore from the backup