Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re-installing ACT! Link for Pocket PC

Re-installing ACT! Link for Pocket PC

I had reason to change my hard disk recently and to re-install everything. All went well except with ACT! Link for Pocket PC. The install stalled and I had to abort it. Tried again but now it says that it cannot install because it is already installed. Could not uninstall because I got an error message. Have now deleted the directory from the Programs directory but still cannot re-install or remove it from the list of installed programs. I guess there must be some reference to it somewhere that needs deleting but dont know where. Can anyone help, please. Cheers Lazuli

Re: Re-installing ACT! Link for Pocket PC

Hi, I just had the same (similar) problem today, but with Act Link for Palm. I had a similar error message that it was already installed and I could not uninstall from Control Panel. I have the ACT Advantage plan and the tech spent about 1 hour fixing the problem...I can't tell you exactly what he did (he looked around at a lot of places) but it had something to do with the Registry. Maybe if you check the knowledge base for Pocket PC link AND Registry

Good luck,

Stewart

PS: Although I got the link reinstalled, I haven't been able to yet get the contacts to Hot sync ;-(
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Re-installing ACT! Link for Pocket PC

Have a look at this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/5amq7c. There is a link at the bottom to manually uninstall.

You might also have a look at the trial of Handheld Contact - much better sync for Windows Mobile (Pocket PC) or Blackberry users