Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re installing ACT 2011 after hard drive crash

Re installing ACT 2011 after hard drive crash

I just installed ACT on a new hard drive and tried to open the database from my last backup. Get strange failure message that seems like it thinks I am trying to open from a server.  Anyone know how to fix this?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Re installing ACT 2011 after hard drive crash

Hello Steve,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. So the Community can better assist, please provide some additional information:
- The details of the error message
- Which Windows operating system you are using
- Did you restore a backup (.zip) of your database (File > Restore > Database) or try to open a copy of your actual database (using the .PAD or .ADF file for the database)?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Greig,

thanks for the prompt reply. Below is a screen shot of the error message.  I am using Windows 7 professional.

I tried to open a PAD file from my last computer back up.  I also cannot open my last ACT zip backup but only because it is looking for a pw and user name that I never used.  The PAD I'm trying to open is on my local hard drive, not a server.

act screen shot.jpg

Platinum Elite Contributor

The most common cause for this error on a local database is the SQL Server service not running. Please see this KB article:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2821...

If this does not resolve, additional causes and solutions are in this article:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1964...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.