Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re-imaged laptop and trying to re-open existing 2013 database

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Re-imaged laptop and trying to re-open existing 2013 database

I recently had my laptop 'upgraded' to Windows 7 and have had to re-install Act Pro 2013.

I can open the demo and another initial empty database, but when I try to open my other real database, I get the message box 'working' and it just hangs there for hours, until I finally great frustrated and close the application because obviously it isn't really working anymore.

How can I get my database loaded?  I can't seem to restore a back as the UserID/Password isn't working.

Please advise.

Richard

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author jeffersonnewcastle
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Re-imaged laptop and trying to re-open existing 2013 database

Well folks, I percevered and decided to try to restore with a NEW name, and it went the the process and actually re-created the database and I am back up and running.  If anyone else gets a message of 'device not ready' when they try and restore the back up under the same name, try to restore using a new name.

Richard

View solution in original post

All Replies

If I try and restore my backup, it seems to work until it says 'Device is not ready'.

Please help.

Thanks

Solution
Accepted by topic author jeffersonnewcastle
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Well folks, I percevered and decided to try to restore with a NEW name, and it went the the process and actually re-created the database and I am back up and running.  If anyone else gets a message of 'device not ready' when they try and restore the back up under the same name, try to restore using a new name.

Richard

Platinum Elite Contributor

Actually if you had tried opening the database with the ADF file rather than the PAD file it likely would have opened. The PAD file was likely pointing to a non-existant location which was why the database wouldn't open.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks Roy.  I will also keep that in mind in case I run into the issue again or have to help someone.

I may try to open the 'old' version (not the new one I just recreated) via the ADF and see.