Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Something worng with my database please help!

Hi All,

We are running Act 2012 Pro in a windows 7 environment and have recently installed the Durkin Impact Suite Ver 5.02.002 Add On.

Using the Add On, I created a Custom Table to Manage Projects, this being loosely based on the Projects and Activities Template that came with the add on. All was working fine until yesterday when for some reason the Impact Suite Enhanced Menu bar disappeared in the Projects View (The toolbar that shows Detail View/List/Split View and allows you to customize columns, headers, options etc)

I tried resetting the menus unchecking all the settings and refreshing etc but nothing would bring the menu back . I then tried installing another template and mysteriously the menu reappeared only for Act to crash 10 minutes later and on restart the menu had disappeared again.

I have tried completely uninstalling Impact Suite following the instructions on the support pages but this did not work since when I reinstalled the Impact Suite, my Custom Tables still appeared even though the menus still didnt show.

I also have quite a few other problems with various elements of the Impact Suite not working as they should and so thought initially this was down to the Add On however now I'm not so sure.

Today I created a new blank database and added the Project Template and the menus appear correctly. I still have some issues with various functions of the Add On but the missing menu is obviously not entirely due to the Add On as such but some interaction with the original database.

I have tried running a restore and rapair and using actdiag to carry out a repair, reindex etc but this has not made any difference and no errors have been found.

Unfortunately the problem is with he Master Database and not the test database I need to find a solution.

Any suggestions much appreciated

Many Thanks

Jaime

Platinum Elite Contributor

When you create a custom table it becomes part of the database and uninstalling Durkin would not remove the custom table. I would suggest that you contact Durkin to see if they can shed any light on your problem. However, it sounds like you may have a corrupted database. If so, because you've tried the field repairs, yourn only option may be a database repair service. You can contact out database repair service for a free evaluation.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Nickel Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Jamie,

Yes probably should talk with Durking first,

then you may need following?

This may help re repairing your ACT! db

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19642 

This is how I manage my ACT! backups - free

http://fillstaff.com/backupfolderspro.html  - cheers - FSB

Bill Williams - Owner/Consultant/Trainer at Fill Staff "ACT! FOR RECRUITERS"
Manage Your ACT! Backups http://fillstaff.com/backupfolderspro.html - FREE
BIG ACT! LAYOUTS for Larger Monitors www.bigactlayouts.com
Protect your Files & Folders with Folder Lock Pro by New Software http://download.cnet.com/Folder-Lock/3000-2092_4-10063343.html

Hi Roy,

Thanks for your post and solution.

I eventually removed all instances of Durkin from my machine did a registry clean and reindexed and rebuilt the database using actdiag, reinstalled Durkin and all was until it happened again on a remote machine and this fix didnt work.

However I then received a patch from Durkin and this seemed to fix it finally.

Best wishes

Hi Fillstaff,

Thanks for your replies to my post and links I will give that backup solution a look.

Best wishes

Jaime