Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Opportunity Process Stage Clear Date Recording

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Hi All,

We are running Sage Act 2012 Pro in a Windows 7 Environment and have Durkin Impact Suite and Report Writer Installed.

I'm running a report on Opportunities and Actual Close Date and however when I ran the report I initially got an Opportunity with a close date of 31/12/9999 at 0:00 when I checked the Opportunity the Status was still set to Open and the Actual Close Date was blank but the Process/Stage stage was set to Closed Lost.

I spoke to the record manager and she said it had been closed but she had reopened it.

When I tested it using a Test Opportunity and set the Proces/Stage to Stage Closed lost or Closed won but left everything esle blank I got the same result.

My question is does anyone know if Act somehow records the Status change date against he closed date and is there any way to clear the field as changing the status back to open doesnt seem to do this as the report still returns a value of 31/12/9999 0:00

I have tried to find an Act reort that will show me the same field to see if it is a problem with the Durkin Report Writer but I ma unable to find an Act Report  that gives me this information.

Thanks

Jaime  

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author JaimeK
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

I have to assume that what you're seeing is specific to the Durkin reports. ACT! does make a history record for each stage change and each status change but the stage and status aren't interconnected. There is an interconnection between the status and the actual close date. When status is set to open ( or reopened), the actual close date field is cleared. when the status is set to closed or inactive, the actual close date field automatically records the date.

The ACT! reports uses the close dates, estimated and actual, for runtime filtering.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author JaimeK
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

I have to assume that what you're seeing is specific to the Durkin reports. ACT! does make a history record for each stage change and each status change but the stage and status aren't interconnected. There is an interconnection between the status and the actual close date. When status is set to open ( or reopened), the actual close date field is cleared. when the status is set to closed or inactive, the actual close date field automatically records the date.

The ACT! reports uses the close dates, estimated and actual, for runtime filtering.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thank you Roy,

Thats would make sense and is how I hoped Act would work so its good to know it does do that.

Although I just have to figure out whats causing my issue now Smiley Frustrated

Best wishes

Jaime

Bronze Super Contributor

Jamie,

Our report uses information from the history table and bridges it back into the opportunity.

If you change the stage of an opportunity that event is recorded in the opportunities history tab.

When you change the stage back act! does not remove the original entry. If you manually click on the "History" tab then select the previous entry you can right-click and delete selected.  

Hope this helps

-- Jim Durkin