Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Bulk email tool

Mike,

You seem to be quite the guru on ACT! emailing.  Thank you for your many replies.  I've scoured the postings and don't find an answer to my current question.  I'm hoping you can help.

I send a great number of email blasts to a huge database (several different groups).  Some contacts have email addresses, some have personal email addresses and some have no email address.  When sending, I click "omit those records (with no email address)".  It's only just come to my attention that I'm only sending to the main email address; ACT skips those contacts for whom I have a personal email address but no work email.  Is this a setting that can be changed?  Can this be changed so that I'm sending to both E-Mail and Personal Email?

Thanks in advance!

Platinum Elite Contributor

What version of the ACT! program are you using? ACT! 6 only had one email address field that had all your email addresses with one set as the defult email address. Y could set any of the addresses as the default address. Your post sounds like you're using a later version of the ACT! program.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Roy,

I'm using ACT 2010 V12.1.181.0, Hot Fix 1 to be, perhaps, overly specific.

I do have two email fields, on is just "E-mail" in the professional address block; the other is "Personal E-mail". 

Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

You're posting to the wrong board.

[edit: message moved to appropriate board]

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Platinum Super Contributor

The mail merge feature will only pull the email from the business email field, it will not pull from the personal email field. There are no options within the program to change that. There may be add-ons that will perform blasts pulling from specified fields.
Greg Martin
Sage