Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re Attaching Database ACT V11

Tuned Listener

Re Attaching Database ACT V11

Hi - I've had to carry out a 'format c' on my pc. Unfortunately ACT was not working before I could do this so, I couldn't back up. I've copied all the filed required .pad .adf etc back into the ACT11 folders in my documents. I've run act diagnostics and selected the database list but it does not see the database.

I've deleted the .pad file and tried to open the .adf bu receive the following message:

The log scan number (4413:45:1) passed to log scan in database 'my database' is not valid.  This error my indicate data corruption or that the log file (.ldf) does not match the data file (.mdf)...

Any ideas thanks in advance for any help.

Re: Re Attaching Database ACT V11

Please call support or contact database services.  They will need to run a tool to rebuild the ALF file.
Tuned Listener

Re: Re Attaching Database ACT V11

hi - I am based in the UK. i've purchase act v11 about 2-months ago. I've been an act user since about 1999 (v3). I've called to run a repair tool on the .alf file. They want to charge me £395 plus VAT. thanks sage but this is the last upgrade I buy.

the problems have all been act related from the moment it started throwing a gdip exception. the software is at fault I have to pat £395 - absolute joke.