Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Random contacts missing.....HELP

Random contacts missing.....HELP

I have been using ACT for over 15 years. I'm using the most updated version now.

I recently had this issue:

Synchronization has failed. Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'sys.syscommittab' with unique index 'si_xdes_id'. Failed to flush the commit table to disk in dbid 8 due to error 2601. Check the errorlog for more information.

I put this problem on the forum and was helped promptly using KB Article 28141. This resolved the synchronization issue.

I am just now noticing that I am missing contacts in the database. Many of them are both long time customers (with long histories) and customers I have interacted with recently. I'm fining more and more as I go along and it is making me sick to my stomach. Some of the contacts are missing that I have had since 1995! I am really hoping that I might be able to locate a backed up database that can restore the missing contacts.

Can anyone give me any help or direction?

Thank you in advance!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Random contacts missing.....HELP

Are you sync'in with another ACT! system? If so, are the contacts missing there?

Do you sync to Outlook or Google or a phone?

Do you have backups?

I do sync with another ACT database. The same contacts are missing in both.

I had Sage Connect briefly and did sync with my Gmail account then. I still have those contacts in my Gmail contacts but with no notes or history.

I have only been using the current version of ACT for 6 months and I think there was a backup done at that time.

You should use the ACT! scheduler (on both server and remote) to keep regular backups.

You might send the database in to database repair and see if anything is recoverable... difficult to know without looking.

FWIW: I've seen this happen when sync'in to Google ... the Google app sometimes "links" contacts that are unrelated (supposed to only do for duplicates) and then removes them from ACT!. Much worse if you sync the Google contacts to a phone.

I'd make a backup of BOTH ACT! databases now, then set up the Scheduler to backup daily. Then get a Consultant to look at the possibility of rebuilding the data.

At least you should have all the 6month old data in the backup and should be able to merge whatever can be retrieved since then

Thank you. Am I correct in assuming that when I transferred everything 6 months ago to the newer version of ACT that a backup would have been done then? If that is the case and I can recover that one and sync it with the remote database could that work?

Not sync it ... to sync, one database has to be created from the other.

You'd need to merge the databases as per this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17539

The import can be a bit flaky (especially if there are issues in your database) ... so make sure you have good backups of both before you start