Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Random contact and company deletions and ACT! 2007 Premium for Workgroups v9.0 Email Crash

Random contact and company deletions and ACT! 2007 Premium for Workgroups v9.0 Email Crash

I have had ACT! installed professionally, and correctly, with all updates added.  I have repeated the installation process.  Nonetheless, the ACT! Email has randomly crashed and lost all folders so many times, I switched to Outlook 2003 for emails.  This have been very painful for my company!

Secondly, I now have random deletions of up to 256 contacts at a time from my ACT! contacts, and occasional ACT! Companies disappear.  I have noticed the deleted ACT! contacts in my 'deleted' folder of Outlook 2003, and can drag them back into Outlook Contacts which in turn add them back to ACT! Contacts---BUT ALL THE HISTORY AND NOTES ARE REMAIN DELETED!  The Companies lost are gone forever, with all the associated Company records.

I, like previous posters to this forum am appaled that I would need to pay for technical support for inherent flaws in ACT! to begin with.  I have been using ACT! since the DOS version many years ago, and have been a strong advocate to my business associates...but my patience is running thin at this point.  Thoughts?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Random contact and company deletions and ACT! 2007 Premium for Workgroups v9.0 Email Crash

I actually prefer Outlook as the ACT! email client.

But, regarding the deletions - ACT! doesn't sync contacts with Outlook, so deleted Contacts or dragging them back to the Outlook Contacts should have no impact on ACT! unless you are using some third party tool to sync them. Are you?