Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

REPLYING to email messages in ACT! 11.1?

Copper Contributor

REPLYING to email messages in ACT! 11.1?

I'm using ACT! 11.1 and have it configured to use Outlook as my email. I'd like to be able to REPLY to emails from within ACT! -- and have the existing email thread at the bottom of the new message, just like replying in Outlook.

For example, if I Quick Attach a message into ACT! and then want to reply to it from within ACT!, I hit the "Send Email" icon in ACT!, but the original message thread is lost (and so is the subject line). 

-drew
www.drewvogel.com

ACT! 2013 Premium; Microsoft Office 2010
Copper Contributor

Re: REPLYING to email messages in ACT! 11.1?

Gosh... No replies at all? Surely I'm not the first person to need this functionality...
-drew
www.drewvogel.com

ACT! 2013 Premium; Microsoft Office 2010

Re: REPLYING to email messages in ACT! 11.1?

Drew,

Are you using ACT! Email or Outlook as your email program?  When replying to an email, the original message should be in the new email.  It sounds like when you are doing the quick attach, its recording a history entry with just subject+message.   When you're clicking send email, its not sending a reply.  It is opening a new email message.  If you want to reply from the history tab, you need to attach the whole email as an attachment.  The when you open the email, you can reply with the original message.