Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

RE-INSTALL ACT 2013

RE-INSTALL ACT 2013

I have retired 3 years ago and I am 82 years old.  I did use Act for business and personal.  At this time in my live a I have been using Act for was keeping address and phone of friends and family.  I got a new computer and installed my Act 2013 now I am told I have to update weather I want to not.

All I want is my contact list for family and friends.  I can not find any program that reads PAD data file. I am kinda stuck in limbo. 

For what I now have been using ACT I do not need upgrades.  It has been working fine on my old computer.

Thanks

Steve

Copper Contributor

Re: RE-INSTALL ACT 2013

As you said, you’re not going to be able to access your data on the new computer unless you pony up for the new version. If your old computer will still run ACT 2013, then I would try to export all of your contact data to a format that Excel will read... and then just use Excel (or Libre Office) on your new computer to read the spreadsheet. 

Thank you I will try that.  I do have a back up copy of my data file on a thump drive..

Thanks

Steve

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

The backup is good. If you have any issues getting the data exported on the old computer, then any one of us up here with a licensed version can crack open your backup and retrieve your data. Happy to help if you get down to that level of need.

Ok, how do I go about this??   Act is demanding I purchase either $349.00 or $300.00 to get into my contact list.

I don't use it 3 or 4 times a month.  I think really unfair.

Ok, done blowing off steam.  

Thanks

Steve