Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

RDB not syncing - Unable to acquire Sync Server Object....Failed to find main database for sync

RDB not syncing - Unable to acquire Sync Server Object....Failed to find main database for sync

I have been looking for a solution to this for the past 100 days.

IT moved the ACT over to a new server.

since then i've been unable to sync.

We both confirm to have the same version/hotfix:

- Act! by Sage 2008 (10.0) Version 10.0.3.182, Hotfix 3

Two things that look weird:

1. Sync_server_file.xml file shows:

Server:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>

<DATABASES VERSION="10.3.182.3">

<DATABASE NAME="ACT" MACHINE="ACT" PADFILE="C:\ACT\ACT.pad" />

</DATABASES>

Laptop:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>

<DATABASES VERSION="10.3.182.0" />

Question: Does this mean i don't have hotfix 3 installed on Laptop although it says it in About ACT!?

2. Database:

- Server: \\ACT\ACT

- Laptop: \\ACT\CRM

Question: Is there a way to change the laptop from CRM to ACT?

Many thanks!

Copper Contributor

Re: RDB not syncing - Unable to acquire Sync Server Object....Failed to find main database for sync

If the machine name is different (which I would think it is) then you won't be able to sync.

The procedure for this would be to perform a final sync to the server db before the move. Move the database by performing a backup and then a restore as on the new server and then cutting a new remote.

See if you can temporarily change the machine name to the old name.  Also you didn't mention how the moved the db's. If they didn't perform a backup/restore as (which cleans the sync tables as appropriate) and physically moved the data files then you are going to have legacy information in the sync logs which will be problematic as well. 

Keith

Keith Saccuci
ACT! R&D
Copper Contributor

Re: RDB not syncing - Unable to acquire Sync Server Object....Failed to find main database for sync

Also, I don't recall off hand what changes were through HF 3 of v10 but I'm willing to bet it had schema changes. If that is the case make sure that you install that version first and open your remote before trying to sync again. That would also cause a problem.
Keith Saccuci
ACT! R&D

Thanks Keith,

I will check with IT as to how the DB's were moved and will give your suggestions a try and report back.

Thanks again for your fast reply.

Platinum Super Contributor

You'll also want to take a look at this article, describes steps for moving a publisher or subsriber (main or remote) database: KB Article 19817

Greg Martin
Sage