Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

QuoteWerks - Act! 16 - Sage Line 50

QuoteWerks - Act! 16 - Sage Line 50

Can someone please help with an issue I have. I have just recently purchased Quotewerks and Act! 16 which has a Sage Link for accounting purposes.

I have created a quote in QuoteWerks and pushed it through to ACT! as an Opportunity. There are 4 items of which 3 are taxable and one is not, but when I created an invoice from the opportunity and viewed the invoice in Sage Line 50, Act! added taxes on to the non-taxable item.

The product Items were initially created in Sage and imported into Act! and QuoteWerks. I had to change the tax codes in QuoteWerks from T0, T1, T9 etc to Y or N, but I can't see such a setting in Act! It's probably a setting that I've failed to enable correctly, but I'd really appreciate it if someone could assist me in correcting this.

Thanks in advance
Dribble :-)

Re: QuoteWerks - Act! 16 - Sage Line 50

Are you transferring from QuoteWerks to Sage50 using ConnectIT; or are you going from ACT! to Sage directly?

If the latter, I'm afraid I won't be able to advise.

I don't know ACT! well, but I'm wondering if it has a concept of non-taxable..

Matt Rose

Quintadena Ltd. - The World's Leading QuoteWerks Solutions Partner

Birmingham, UK

[ Edited ]

Hi Matt,

The workflow is I create the orders in Quotewerks, push them through to ACT! and from ACT! I post them through to Sage Line 50. I have no direct link from Quotewerks to Line 50.

Thanks
Dribble

hmm, I might have to pass..

So, the item in QuoteWerks is set to Non-Taxable (correctly)

When it goes into ACT, can you tell if it's taxable or non-taxable?

I know that the ConnectIT integration; which we use and resell; would send from QW to Sage non-taxable items correctly.

If you can't get ACT! to send it correctly.. it might be that the above solution is appropriate.

Bronze Elite Contributor

At Xact Software we specialize in development of accounting links for Act! and we are familiar with the process of line items from Quotewerks being passed to an Act! opportunity to appear in the Product and Services grid . Unfortunately this process is crude and I wouldn't think that interpretation of with or without tax has been given consideration. You might also have noted that the line item order as passed from Quoteworks is not maintained in Act! as Act! simply sorts alphabetically by description in this grid. We have been lobbying both Quotewerks and Act! to spend a little time and improve this area. To date nether company see this as a priority 

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

The issue has been identified in that if the product was not added to ACT! from the Product list in Sage it will always go from ACT! to Sage as "S1".

So, products created from QuoteWerks to ACT! opportunities; even if the part number is passed from QW - ACT - SAGE.. it will end up in Sage as S1. This is why our process is QW -> ACT (opportunity) but then QW -> Sage (via ConnectIT) which is MUCH more flexible..

Thank you to both you and Matt for your help. I agree it seems more than a little disjointed that QW & ACT! fall down on such a basic issue.

I've spoken to ACT! and they say that 'In the future they may look to bundle other software like QW in with ACT! to make the workflow more seemless, at the moment I will have to consider other options to get around the problem, I just wish I knew all this before we purchased ACT!

If anyone else has any other solutions I would be most grateful and I will certainly look into the 2 options mentioned in this thread.

Thanks
Dribble

To clarify, this is not a QW issue. We're feeding ACT! with all the information it could possibly want.

As I say, none of the users we've helped implement QW alongside ACT! are using the ACT! -> Sage integration because of this, and other, limitations.

Hi Matt,

I can see the whole process falls down in ACT! and apart from the fact you can access the same data in ACT! from different PC's locally, it has left me wondering what the point of ACT! is.......

If I was to use ACT! as you suggest, I might as well use QW > MS Outlook, QW > Sage and forget ACT altogether. I'm just considering my options now.