Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Quotations from the opportunities tab

Quotations from the opportunities tab

I am trying to create quotations from the opportunities tab in Act 2009. I am using a word document, with the quotation excell file embedded, but the pricing information is not being transferred onto the quotation when I create it, just the contact info.

What do I need to do to get the Excel table to work properly?

Thanks,

Matt

Re: Quotations from the opportunities tab

Just saw the please read post.

- Version of Sage ACT! you are using (this can be found by clicking Help > About ACT! on the Sage ACT! menu) ACT 2009.

- If the issue involves Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word , Excel), state the version of Office you are using - Office 2007

- Is your database on your local machine (private database) or is it being shared from a server (shared database)? Shared, server database.

- Operating system you have Sage ACT! installed on (i.e., Windows 7, Windows 8) - Windows XP

- As much detail regarding the question or issue as you can provide. This includes any error messages and the actions you took that lead to the error.

Platinum Super Contributor

Are you using the built-in function to create a quote (within an opportunity > click Opportunities > select Create Quote)?

Or is this a custom template you have created?  If yes, ACT! is only designed to populate the built-in quote template through the 'Create Quote' option.

There are several add-ons for advanced quote templates: Sage ACT! Add-ons

Greg Martin
Sage

I am using the built in function but have changed the layout of the word document. I have not edited the excell table at all.

Through posts it would be hard to determine what change to the template has caused the issue.  To get the quote working again, you can replace the edited template with a copy from the demo database (or create a new database), then start the edits over - testing as individual changes are made.

You would copy the 'quote.adt' and 'quote.xls' files from the demo database Template folder to replace the ones in your database Template folder.  

The default location for the demo database is:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\ACT\ACT for Windows 11\Databases\ACT2009Demo-database files\Templates

Greg Martin
Sage

I have already tried reloading the originals. I have attempted to create a quotation without altering anything. But the prices etc do not copy over.

As a test, open the demo database and create a quote - does it populate correctly?
Greg Martin
Sage