Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Quickprint in ACT 2009 blurry/distorted

Quickprint in ACT 2009 blurry/distorted

Hi!

Whenever I use quick print (or normal print for that matter), regardless of printer (even tried a PDF writer), the text is very hard to read - as you can see in the below example.

Anyone know how I can fix this?  It doesn't seem too bad but the text in the fields is even worse.  I couldn't find any settings that helped.

Thanks!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Quickprint in ACT 2009 blurry/distorted

That Quick print dumps the screen buffer to the printer. Most likely an issue with the difference between the screen resolution and the printer resolution.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Ok, so it does this to everyone? It happens to all of my users with varying screen resolutions.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello eulogy1337,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. I'm not able to reproduce this in the current version of ACT! (2011). The QP printer output is clear. There was a reported issue with the quality of QuickPrint in ACT! 2009, but I do not believe it was addressed until the next version. Do you have this issue with both the "Actual size" and "Fit to screen" quick print options?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I don't think I even have those options.  I guess we'll deal with it for now until we can afford to upgrade.

Thanks.