Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Quickbooks Link and Act with 5 users

Quickbooks Link and Act with 5 users

Hello.  I am running ACT 2009.  We are running QB 2007.  The QB file is running on a server and the clients map to the data file using the Q: drive.

I want to get the Act Link for use with Quickbooks working.  I have installed it successfully on the server (ACT support told me to instlal it on the server to get the accounting import to work properly).

My question is, what do I need to do to get the other ACT users to see QB data on their machines?  Do they have to have QB running?  Do they require a QB license? Does the ALFQB use a QB license while it is logged in?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Quickbooks Link and Act with 5 users

Yes. The current version requires each user to have QuickBooks installed and licensed.

I'm actually working on developing a new link that won't require it, and will have a lot of other features ... but not expected for release till April/May

Avid Listener

Hi!  If we have purchased the QB Link, will we get your version as an UPDATE or will we have to buy it again? 

I've used it in the past, and there is one KEY feature I SURE HOPE will be available.  The ability to do a lookup in ACT!, and then use that lookup as the selection to link to QB.  As I'm sure you know, the existing "Advanced Query" doesn't work reliably!  I've got to manually search through all of my contacts to find the one(s) that I want to link . . . very time consuming!

If you need beta testers, or are looking for any other feedback on the product, please put me on the list!

Platinum Elite Contributor

actscott wrote:

Hi!  If we have purchased the QB Link, will we get your version as an UPDATE or will we have to buy it again? 

I've used it in the past, and there is one KEY feature I SURE HOPE will be available.  The ability to do a lookup in ACT!, and then use that lookup as the selection to link to QB.  As I'm sure you know, the existing "Advanced Query" doesn't work reliably!  I've got to manually search through all of my contacts to find the one(s) that I want to link . . . very time consuming!

If you need beta testers, or are looking for any other feedback on the product, please put me on the list!

We haven't decided if we'll offer a discount to current QB Link users or not.

You can post any requests to either of these:

QB Discussion in LinkedIN ACT! Fanatics Group - http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/49896

Reply to this blog - http://glcomputing.blogspot.com/2008/12/question-for-act-users-with-quickbooks.html