Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Quick Attach Not working with Office 365

Accepted Solution Solved
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Quick Attach Not working with Office 365

I have recently moved to OFFICE 365 for my email server and noticed the Quick Attach add-in isn't working.

The reason is OFFICE 365 has disabled it   "Outlook Detected a Com Add-in Problem"   (see attached image)

I have tried to enable the add-in by clicking on the "enable" button in the warning screen but no success

Act! Pro Version 19.2.146.0, Update 4

Outlook V 1806  (Build 10228.20080 Click To Run)

Any suggestions on how to get this add-in working again most welcome.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by topic author ACMETT
‎07-10-2018 06:01 PM
Administrator

Re: Quick Attach Not working with Office 365

The KB is talking about the fact that sometimes, if another Addin that shares the same interface (mscoree.dll) is disabled - this results in the Act! addin being disabled as well.

Check File > Options > Add-ins > Manage: Disabled Items > Go 

If you don't see any addins that use Mscoree.dll in that list, then that step does not apply. If you do see an addin using mscoree.dll in the list of disabled addins, then you may need to re-enable it.

OUTLOOK_2018-07-10_11-25-33.png

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Nickel Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Act! V19 users can only use the Act! Outlook Integration feature with a locally installed version of Office 365 - Or Office 2016 - I suggest that it be installed at 32 Bit to avoid integration problems.    NOTE:  If you reinstall Office, you must also reinstall Act!

I suggest requesting direct support from Swiftpage's support department

Support Email: support@act.com

Sales and Support phone: 866-873-2006

Support operation hours:
Monday to Friday: 8:30am to 8:30pm (EST)

I could also suggest the section Recreate the Act! Outlook Add-in in the following article CLICK HERE

Good luck

Juan Carlos Otero Garcia
juancarlosotero@protonmail.com
Highlighted
Administrator

You could try running an office quick repair to try to rebuild the addin - you can do this from programs and features by Right-clicking your installation of Office and choosing "Change/modify...."

f this doesn't help, a reinstall of Act! will often fix problems like this, but I appreciate it can be time consuming.
Highlighted

Thank you

One the link you included there is a reference to

Enable any add-ins that use MSCOREE.DLL

When I go into the Comm Add-ins section of Outlook, the only add-in that appears to use MSCOREE.DLL is the Act quick attach add-in, so I can't activate another add-in to trigger this one.

Any suggestions?

Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by topic author ACMETT
‎07-10-2018 06:01 PM
Administrator

The KB is talking about the fact that sometimes, if another Addin that shares the same interface (mscoree.dll) is disabled - this results in the Act! addin being disabled as well.

Check File > Options > Add-ins > Manage: Disabled Items > Go 

If you don't see any addins that use Mscoree.dll in that list, then that step does not apply. If you do see an addin using mscoree.dll in the list of disabled addins, then you may need to re-enable it.

OUTLOOK_2018-07-10_11-25-33.png

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I am having similar issues, all was working well on Friday 6th July, but e-mails were seen to 'not attach' on Monday 9th July.

I have checked the 32 bit /64 bit and disabled the 32 bit option. (both were 'enabled')

oddly enough when I try to use the 'quick attach' (which doesn't work) the contact's e-mail does NOT appear in the right hand box,, I'm sure it used to?

see attached image

we moved to Office 365 last year with no great issue (I don't think) but swapped to new lap-tops late in June and since then I've had numerous 'glitches' even uninstalled ACT and re-done it a couple of times, probably due to now running Windows 10 (Pro)?

Highlighted

Thank you

That appears to have reactivated it and working

Highlighted
Administrator

@OnlinE - What version of Act! do you have installed?

Bear in mind that Act! and Outlook will only identify matching contacts based solely on email address. If these don't match up in your Act! database it won't be attached - even if the contact name/company etc are the same.

One general solution that sometimes helps is running a quick repair on office as detailed above.
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Jon
I'm running 20.1.110.0

I'm aware that the e-mails must match ;-) (as been caught out too often when companies merge or change their mailing format ! )

should the e-mail address appear in the right hand box?

I'll have ago at running the 'quick repair' later today
Highlighted
Administrator

The box that appears should display any matches found, and where the email will be attached.

Try running through the email system setup again (Tools > Preferences > Email & Outlook Sync > Email System Setup) after doing the office repair.

Make sure the username and password for the selected database are correct - and that the database is still correct.