Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Questions about patching Act! Pro v18

Questions about patching Act! Pro v18

Clicking on the 'Pro" button under the download Act v18.2 takes you here:

actpro v18 download page.png

A lot of files there...and while it is easy to determine which is 18.2 and i have patched programs before and understand the process...ACT! sometimes does things a little differently. Thus, I ask in earnest:

In order to get v18 up to date through  v18.2, do i need to download 18.1 and 18.2 individually, then patch, being mindful of the chronology?

Or, does the most recent update include everything to bring the software up to date?

What about the hotfixes?  The page i was on prior only offered details about 18 -> 18.2.  I understand that a 'hotfix' is generally a remedy to a specific bug and should not be needed unless bug is present. Does anyone know what these hotfixes are for or perhaps can link the descriptions?

If you made it this far, thank you for reading!  

Administrator

Re: Questions about patching Act! Pro v18

Hi BarrelBuilder,

To get v18 up to date, you only need to install the Act! Pro v18 SP2 Update. This will update you to the latest v18.2 and install any available hotfixes automatically. The same method can be used if you have v18.0 or v18.1 installed. Act! service packs are cumulative, meaning they contain all of the previous updates.

You can find change details for the available updates and hotfixes in the following Knowledgebase article: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/36573

Re: Questions about patching Act! Pro v18

Thanks for the reply - I assumed the patches were cumulative but needed confirmation.