Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Questions about Act! v16 Premium and limiting acess

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Questions about Act! v16 Premium and limiting acess

I want to run 2 diffrent layouts and limit access to these based off of group.  Group 1 needs limited information.  While Group 2 needs access to a more advanced layout.  Now for legal reasons Group 1 cannot see what Group 2 can.  What's the easiest way to accomplish this?  I've done some digging have not come up to an already intergrated feature of the product.

Any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author TKruger2
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Questions about Act! v16 Premium and limiting acess

Solution-

2 Seprate Databases.  Thanks for not lambasting me here on the forum.Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author TKruger2
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Solution-

2 Seprate Databases.  Thanks for not lambasting me here on the forum.Smiley Happy

Copper Elite Contributor

Hi,

creating 2 databases is not the best solution, if you have the situation that some persons may have to access both databases time by time. ACT Premium has the feature with teams, where a member of one team may see /edit data from the teams he belongs to, but will not see data from the other team. if you want him to see specific data from teams he may not belong to, you would have to look at a addon like our layoutswitch Advanced

http://helpnew.crmaddon.com/helpconsole2010/LayouSwitchITEN/Static/layoutswitch_configuration.htm shows the configuration

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 203 541 0040
Copper Contributor

There is no need to access the separate DB's with my application of the product. I am familiar with utilization of teams but even there I couldn't restrict the layout access. So for the way that I am using the product 2 DB is the best route to go.