Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Questions (1) Want to use ACT! on laptop and PC. (2) Want to synch the two machines

Questions (1) Want to use ACT! on laptop and PC. (2) Want to synch the two machines

Hi I currently have a laptop with ACT! 2007 in use. I am buying a desktop PC to act as main machine. Laptop will then be used for travelling. Q1: Can I install ACT! on both machines? Ie. 1 concurrent user across 2 machines. Ie. if I install ACT! from installation CD on the new desktop PC will it accept it? How do I transfer database from laptop to desktop. Just use export and import options? Or what? Q2: How do I sync the two machines? Eg. I've been working remotely on the laptop. I get home and want to just plug laptop into desktop and ensure a 2-way synch takes place (similar to how it works currently when I sync with my PDA using MS ActiveSync). This is my first posting so thanks in anticipation!
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Questions (1) Want to use ACT! on laptop and PC. (2) Want to synch the two machines

Providing you can connect the 2 systems on a network when you get back, you can do what you want by following the steps in this article from the ACT! Knowledge Base - http://tinyurl.com/yuq73k