Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Question regarding ACT 2013 and Office 2010 integration

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Question regarding ACT 2013 and Office 2010 integration

[ Edited ]

After installing the trial version ACT 2013 on my Windows 7 64 bit computer I now get the following error message when I open Microsoft Word. BTW MS Office is the 32 bit version.

“The function you are attempting to run contains macros or content that requires macro language support. When this software was installed, you chose not to install support for macros or control.”  Blah blah blah.

The message then explains how to make adjustments to correct this problem. However I have tried every combination of options myself and been on the phone with Sage Getting Started Support for considerable amounts of time and still cannot resolve this issue.

I have even completely uninstalled ACT and Office and then reinstalled both with no luck.

I am 100% certin the problem is with the ACT add-ins for Office. In fact, If I duable them the problem goes away. As soon as I re-enable them the problem returns.

ACT Support told me they can't help me any further with a trial version of the product. No one there could even tell me what these macros do, but they went on to say that they are confident they should be able to help me when I buy the final product. I personally find this response to be "marketing retarded" and I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced the same macro issue and has figured out how to resolve it. I like the ACT product and would like to purchase it, but I am incredibly hesitant to do so without knowing if it actually works right with Office or not. Any help is much appreciated.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author 4BruceC
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Silver Super Contributor

Re: Question regarding ACT 2013 and Office 2010 integration

Sounds like this is your issue.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word-help/macro-language-support-is-disabled-HP003085304.aspx

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author 4BruceC
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Silver Super Contributor

Sounds like this is your issue.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word-help/macro-language-support-is-disabled-HP003085304.aspx

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com

Stan,

If you are ever in the Arizona area, let me know I now offically owe you one heck of a beer.

THANK YOU that worked

Silver Super Contributor

Happy to help.  I'll probably be out there in February.  I think a hot buttered rum sounds better for that time of year.  :-)

Stan

Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com