Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Question about creating a Referred By field and linking it to the Contacts...

Question about creating a Referred By field and linking it to the Contacts...

I would like to create a custom field called Referred By in the Opportunity and have the list of possible choices be the Contacts in Act!.  I can't seem to figure out how this is done.  It only seems to allow me to use a drop-down list and I can't define a drop-down list as being based on the Contact table.  Furthermore, I would like to include this information (and some additional contact information) in the Opportunity -> Pipeline Report.  It would seem that a relational database can support this, but I can't seem to figure out how it is done.  Any ideas?  Is this even possible in Act!? 

Re: Question about creating a Referred By field and linking it to the Contacts...

Can anyone confirm or deny that this is possible?  I would like to create a user field and have the selection list be the contacts in Act!.  It seems reasonable enough. 

Bronze Contributor

Re: Question about creating a Referred By field and linking it to the Contacts...

The possible best method might be to have a look at the addon from Durkin Computing Opportunity List plus as this will allow you to fully customise the display and output of the Opportunity List. If you want to add a drop down list to the Referred by the easiest method might be to export your contact list and then import into the Opportunity Source drop down. I would be cautious of the number of entries in any drop down
Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.