Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Question about alarms disappearing

Question about alarms disappearing

Hello,

First I must admit, we have an old version of ACT. I think it's version 6, so I don't know if anyone can help or not.

We use the alarms quite often, and my boss says sometimes they aren't showing up. What I think is happening is that she is away from her computer so long, that the popup has already disappeared by the time she gets back to her desk. Is that possible?

Or, if we all use the same login, does the alert disappear off her computer screen when I clear it on mine? (which seems odd to me, considering even though we have the same login we can do different tasks simultaneously).

Thanks for any help. In the meantime I'm going to conduct my own experiment. Smiley Wink

Starr

Bronze Contributor

Re: Question about alarms disappearing

Starr,

If you have the same login and you clear the alarm then it will eventually disappear from the other machine when it does a refresh depending on what the setting is. You should have different login and then you are only working on your own activities

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.