Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Question about EXPORTING data

MAA

Question about EXPORTING data

Hello.   I'm having trouble exporting one record from Act! 2012 database to another Act! 2012 database.  It seems to not find the duplicate record in the other database that I would like to update.  I tried enabling the duplicate checking for certain fields and still nothing.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Question about EXPORTING data

MAA

Not really sure but I know it's for a Contact Record in the destination database that I'm trying to update. I have a sales database (source) record with custom fields that I'm trying to export info an operations database (destination). I would like to export activities also if possible.

There have been some reported issues with exporting activities from one database to another ... keep good backups when you try it
MAA

Thanks for you help!  Yeah I just tried using my sales database to update a customer's record then export the changes (replace with source) to the same customer in another database.  I click on "Finish" in the Export Wizard but do not get a Confirm Match screen nor has the new data exported.

MAA

Anybody else that could help me out on this?  I tried updating a customer's record then exporting the changes (replace with source) to the same customer in another database.  I click on "Finish" in the Export Wizard but do not get a Confirm Match screen nor has the new data exported.

While looking at this elsewhere, we found that Activities won't actually merge, even when merge activites is selected, unless merge contact records is also selected. A little counter intuitive.