Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Question Regarding Deleting a Contact

Question Regarding Deleting a Contact

Hello-

I am running ACT 2008.  I have a question regarding the deletion of a contact.  I would like to delete the contact, but save the history with another contact.  Is this possible in ACT.  Please explain what steps I must complete.  I tried to simply highlight the history and do a copy and past, but ACT does not support this. 

Thanks.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Question Regarding Deleting a Contact

It's a bit tricky as the History items can be attached to multiple contacts...

You might try Duplicate Contact Wizard from http://www.egenconsulting.com/egcproducts.html

Bronze Contributor

Hi Mike.  thanks for the nice plug.  As for moving notes/history to another contact, you should be able to use the normal copy/move feature under tools in ACT.  Find the two contacts you want to merge and highlight them.  then, click on Tools, Copy/Move. You just need to make sure you don't copy over fields like contact name, address, etc.  click next and make sure you check the notes/history check boxes.  Before you start the merge make sure the contact you want to keep is noted as Contact 2 on the dialog boxes.  That should work.
Patricia Egen
Certified ACT! Consultant, Trainer, Developer
www.egenconsulting.com
(423) 875-2652

Follow us on:

Visit our Popular ACT Wizards Page Wizards Here!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Wow... thanks for the tip, Pat.

I don't think I've ever used that function... and I honestly can't think of the last time I said that other than during beta.