Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Qtr Sales Forecast - Add 4 Opportunity records

PJ
Copper Contributor

Qtr Sales Forecast - Add 4 Opportunity records

I am planning to add 4 opportunity records to a company record, 1 for each quatre so we can do sales forecasts.

Questions

1. Is there a better way ?

2. Is there a way to create a company with 4 (ie 1 Year) opportunity records automatically ?

Thank you for any suggestions.

Regards

Penny

Nickel Contributor

Re: Qtr Sales Forecast - Add 4 Opportunity records

Hi Penny - is each Opportunity a separate sale? Or is it a retainer / contract situation which is renewed each quarter?

The ACT Opportunity section is best placed to track new-business. It is not ideally suited to repeat / retainer business. There are a couple of work-arounds - one is to use the custom Opportunity fields to hold the quarterly income, contract length etc. Then to push all opportunities info into Excel to do the full forecast. It's worth have these under separate Sales Cylces. One Sales Cycle for new business, and another for repeat / contract business. This way you can easily separate them. Alternatively, use Opportunities only for new business - and have some additional fields at the contact / company level for existing customers that can be used to track income from existing accounts. 

Get in touch if you need help with the details...

Trevor Lever

UK - ACT Certified Consultant
www.actpartners.co.uk
trevor@actpartners.co.uk
PJ
Copper Contributor

Hi Trevor,

It was just for new sales, to set the quantity field on the opportunity record for a quarter period per company so we could get a quaterly sales forecast across the business. 

Can these opportunity records be automatically created. Since each company will have 4 to cover a forecast of a year ?

Cheers

Penny

Nickel Contributor

Sorry Penny, there's no way of having the 4 opportuinities created in one go. However if you highlight an opportunity in the opportunity tab, you can use the standard windows Ctrl+C (Copy) and Ctrl+V (Insert) to create copies. So, set up one Opportunity with all the information in and save it. Then copy and create 3 copies. Then edit each one to have a an Est. Close Date for each of the next three quarters.

Trevor Lever

www.actpartners.co.uk
trevor@actpartners.co.uk
PJ
Copper Contributor

`Hmm, Thank you for getting back to me Trevor.

I'm wanting to do the sales estimates in ACT since they tie up with phone calling/follow ups.

Then I'm assuming to export company quaterly estimates into Excel and create actual v estimates report.(Some kind of Quaterly Balance Scorecard)

Do you know of any good addons(I'm asumming ACT doesn't have the functionality ?) that do this before I go re-inventing the wheel. 

Cheers

Penny

Nickel Contributor

Hi Penny - this is a different question? Are you happy with using Copy / Paste to create additional opportunities.

Moving onto your Actual / Estimate reporting. This needs to be better defined as to how often you want to run reports, estimates etc. Also, do you need this by product, salesperson,. area etc? 

There are a couple of reporting add-ons, but depending upon the complexity of your specific needs, you may need to export into Excel the forecast and compare with a separate spreadsheet of budgets.

Trevor Lever

www.actpartners.co.uk
trevor@actpartners.co.uk
PJ
Copper Contributor

Hi Trevor,

Yes, Happy to Copy/Paste (Happy probably not quite the word !).

Report once quarterly by Company,Product

Just want simply reporting which we'll build on in the future.

Thanks

Penny