Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Protexis crashed my PC

Copper Contributor

Protexis crashed my PC

Hi. I have Act! 2009 v11 and when I load Protexis v2 my PC crashes about once per day. When I don't load it, my PC doesn't crash. I can't run Act! without it. Any thoughts on how I can fix this? Thanks!

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Protexis crashed my PC

Hello RVS053063,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

Can you provide some additional information about your situation:

- What is your computer's operating system?

- Are you receiving any error messages from/about Protexis when it crashes?

- Have you checked the Windows Event Viewer for errors?

Some possible steps to address issue:

- Add Protexis exceptions to your firewall and antivirus software: KB Article 25125

- Reinstall the Protexis service: KB Article 23027

Note: If you reinstall Protexis, you will need to rename the 'PSIKey_3.dll' to PSIKey_2.dll' as the last step before restarting the serive.

- Uninstall/Reinstall ACT!

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Re: Protexis crashed my PC

Thanks for the reply. I am running XP SP3. I don't get error messages; the blue screen of death just appears. Through MS Config I've played around with different services being on and off, and it seems to have come down to Protexis. As an aside, SQ Server appears to work fine with the system and Act, however Windows is unable to update, which I think is interesting. Anyway, Right now I'm not running my anti-virus, so that isn't it. As to reinstalling Protexis, I've reinstalled Act a few times, each time reinstalling Protexis, so check.

It seems that Protexis is also a culprit with Coral's software per the googling that I did. Interesting. Thanks.