Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Protexis Licensing

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Protexis Licensing

Ahhh kinda like the uninstaller.exe became. Makes sense...

I realiseed it wasn't in the dependancies of Web, as I had that exact problem with my APFW (before the KB was up) and had to use the one from me Workgroups copy.

I have the Protexis licensing problem with ACT! 11.0. I tried the standalone Protexis installation recommended through the link, it did not work for me??

Hi Mike,

I need this help too, please send over the patch, greatly appreciated.

nospam(a)jayba.net

Platinum Elite Contributor

All users who sent me a Private Message should now all have this... please send another PM if you don't

So here is my scenario as to whats happened...

I have a brand new, out of the box HP , installed MS Office 2003 & ACT 2010, after initial install, ACT wouldnt load due to the Arial font missing or corrupt??

Installed the Arial fonts from my laptop and that sorted that.

Run ACT and clicked on the "Continue Trial" msg box, another error appeared telling me some StartupWizard couldnt load, ignored this and loaded the demo database fine.

Brought the HP desktop into the office and connected to our domain, installed Kaspersky Internet Security and PDF reader, opened ACT and pointed it to the company database, clicked Continue Trial and error message popped up again, ignored it and opened database fine.

Closed ACT down, restarted machine, gave logon user administrator priveledges and opened Act, this time went to "Register Product" then boom! The Protexis Licensing error message.

Saw that the service was loaded and started... now heres where it gets diabolical...

Called SAGE ACT support, was on the phone with them for hour and 20 minutes, he couldnt figure it out, and ended up telling me, the error has been reported before, but there is no known resolution. Said the developers have been notified and it will take 6 weeks for them to come back with an answer. Took my number and said they'll call me.

In the meantime, this PC (which is the MD's!!!!) has no ACT, and no ACT support agent can fix it....

Thanks Act.

Copper Contributor

Never had this situation before, so I am not giving advice or solution, just offering an idea:

Since this is a brand new, out of the box PC, why not start over from scratch? It will take you quite a few hours but much less than 6 weeks. Format the HD, use the recovery disk to bring it to out-of-the-box status and then reinstall the user software. If you think your copy of Act! won't work, get a new copy and return this one. One day and you are done - if that works, of course....

Good luck either way!

Mike,

I am having similar issues with Protexis not running in my Windows 7 (other computers in the office works fine).  ACT keeps requiring me to register my license.  Can you please give me some guidance on how to fix it?  I already followed the instruction on ACT support website  Would you mind emailing me the utility that you mentioned to the other users?

Thank you for all your help!

Nhi A

Alice - Since I have the same problem as you had, and you received the software that solved the problem, can you forward the software to me.

I tried contacting the source that sent you the software but he hasn't responded to me.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Paul

Hi Paul. The first thing I would try is right clicking the Act icon and choosing "Run as Admin". If that doesn't make any difference we need to find out whether or not the Protexis service is actually installed on the pc. Can you try holding down the Windows key and pressing R. In the run box that appears type "services.msc" and press Enter.

Can you see the Protexis service? 

Is it started? (if not, try right clicking and starting).

It may be necessary to reinstall this service if it is not there. See the following KB: http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23027/kw/protexis

Let me know if you still have problems.

Peter

Can you please send me the protexis fix? I have tried everything they have suggested and still nothing is working. I am running Act Pro 2012 and this has been a nightmare.  Thank you