Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Protexis Licensing

Re: Protexis Licensing

Your a life saver mate great little tool hope you can get it on Sage site

Thanks a million 5 Star all the way

Msg sent to Mike on the 28th for the utility. I am seeing the same thing as others, msg asking that Protexis be enabled, yet its not an installed service.

Platinum Elite Contributor

@gbooth wrote:

Msg sent to Mike on the 28th for the utility. I am seeing the same thing as others, msg asking that Protexis be enabled, yet its not an installed service.

I assume you got the reply?

Mike,

No, I didn't get an emailed reply.

All Members:

If Mike ever gets tired of requests for his Protexis utility, another option can be found in the following Knowledgebase Article.  It contains a file attachment that does a stand-alone install of the Protexis service:

How To Reinstall The Protexis Licensing Service

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

@gbooth wrote:

Mike,

No, I didn't get an emailed reply.

The Private Message system doesn't email... check the icon top-right of the page

@ghollister wrote:

All Members:

If Mike ever gets tired of requests for his Protexis utility, another option can be found in the following Knowledgebase Article.  It contains a file attachment that does a stand-alone install of the Protexis service:

How To Reinstall The Protexis Licensing Service

Great news... the guys I have been speaking to asked me to test this as an "unsupported" fix with ACT! 9.01hf2 and 10 users to be sure it worked without issues. I had some 50+ users get this from me and only 1 didn't get solved instantly.

BTW: There really isn't a need to remove the reg key... at least no-one I gave this to need it. Also, you might suggest the KB guys note that there's nothing on the screen when it runs (unless it's different from the one I've been using).

Interestingly, this file is now included in the ACT! 2009 Dependancies folder, but not the APFW 2009 CD... you might want to mention this to the

[ Edited ]

Mike,

Thank you so much for your fix.  This certainly should be made available to all ACT users who need it.

I really appreciate your help.

Chad Quayle

AVC Consulting, LLC

Message Edited by avcconsulting on 08-30-2008 03:43 PM

Your utility worked like a charm here too!  Idiotic licensing messages are gone and now Protexis is actually listed as a service in Windows!  Thanks a million for being available to all of us when Sage/ACT! breaks their program.
Nickel Super Contributor

@GLComputing wrote:

Interestingly, this file is now included in the ACT! 2009 Dependancies folder, but not the APFW 2009 CD... you might want to mention this to the

The file was intentionally left off of the Web media and will not be on the media for future versions. The file is meant as a workaround/fix for users experiencing issues with the Protexis service and will only be available in the kb article mentioned above.