Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply

Protexis Licensing

New Member
Posts: 2
Country: United States

Re: Protexis Licensing

Thanks Mike. This tool did wonders!
New Member
Posts: 1
Country: United States

Re: Protexis Licensing

[ Edited ]

Please send the fix utility for Protexis Licensing. Thanks

 

{Removed personal email}

 

 

Message Edited by dlunceford on 08-06-2008 09:43 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor
Posts: 14,537
Country: Australia

Re: Protexis Licensing

New Member
Posts: 3
Country: United States

Re: Protexis Licensing

Thanks for making this utility available. The first time I tried it Protexis installed and Act! booted up normally. Very good so far.


I installed some Windows updates and rebooted, when I tried to run Act! after reboot  it gave me the same error. This time the utility didn't seem to restart the Protexis service like last time.

 

I am having this problem on my Windows SBS2003 server, running standard Act! as a sync server.  It seems like some of the registry entries for Protexis are somehow being deleted?

 

What do I need to do now?

 

 

 

 

Platinum Elite Contributor
Posts: 14,537
Country: Australia

Re: Protexis Licensing


@ralpher54 wrote:

Thanks for making this utility available. The first time I tried it Protexis installed and Act! booted up normally. Very good so far.


I installed some Windows updates and rebooted, when I tried to run Act! after reboot  it gave me the same error. This time the utility didn't seem to restart the Protexis service like last time.

 Which error is that?

Did you reboot before running the utility?

 

 


 

New Member
Posts: 3
Country: United States

Re: Protexis Licensing

The error I have been getting is that "a service necessary for Act! is not running - go to services and start Protexis". When I look at the services list Protexis is not listed as a service at all.

 

The first time I tried the utility it worked and Protexis was visible and running; Act! started up fine.  Then I rebooted and Protexis was not listed as a service again. The utility did not solve the issue this time.

 

Subsequently, I uninstalled Act!, and reinstalled; still Protexis was missing for the Services list. Utility did not do anything at this point either.

 

Then, I uninstalled again, removed all Protexis keys in registry, reinstalled and Act! is running again. I have not tried running the utility again.

 

I thought maybe I should uninstall the Protexis utility, but the uninstaller doesn't seem to work; that is why I did the manual registry stuff.

 

As far as rebooting before running the utility; I rebooted a lot of times. The first time the utility worked, all other combinations didn't. I asked previously what the utility does; is it installing a separate Protexis service, or is it a way to kickstart Protexis any time it isn't showing?

Platinum Elite Contributor
Posts: 14,537
Country: Australia

Re: Protexis Licensing


@ralpher54 wrote:

Then, I uninstalled again, removed all Protexis keys in registry, reinstalled and Act! is running again. I have not tried running the utility again.

 


So, it's running ok now... even after a reboot?

If so, it should stay that way.

New Member
Posts: 3
Country: United States

Re: Protexis Licensing

I have not rebooted again - needed the sync operational more than I needed to test the install. The disappearance of the Protexis service seems to happen randomly - this is the 3rd or 4th time I have reinstalled Act! to get it back.
New Member
Posts: 2
Country: Ireland

Re: Protexis Licensing

Hi All

 

I am having the exact same problem Mike can you send me the little utility it will be greatly appreciated

 

Thanks

 

Marc

Platinum Elite Contributor
Posts: 14,537
Country: Australia

Re: Protexis Licensing


@Fergster wrote:

Hi All

 

I am having the exact same problem Mike can you send me the little utility it will be greatly appreciated

 

Thanks

 

Marc


 

Please post a request to the private message area